Why Single National Curriculum is necessary for Pakistan? Single National Curriculum means One system of Education for all. This is federal government project. Federal government of Pakistan has been developing the Curriculum on Federal Level. This Curriculum would be medium of instruction and a common platform of assessment.
Single National Curriculum is necessary for Pakistan
In this curriculum all children have a fair and equal opportunity to receive high quality education. Single National Curriculum is a step in that direction. This will be helpful in promoting the national integration of Pakistan. Government of Pakistan had been planning to draft a Single National Curriculum which represent One Nation, One Curriculum.
Single National curriculum will be helpful in mitigating the problems of problems of national integration. This is the great initiative by federal Government of Pakistan. Single National Curriculum is the need of hour. Without Single Curriculum , Pakistan can’t survive.
- Teachings of Quran and Sunnah
- Vision of Quaid and Iqbal
- Constitutional framework
- National Policies, Aspirations and National Standards
- Alignment with the goals & targets of SDG-4
- Emerging international trends in teaching, learning & assessment
- Outcomes based approach
- Focus on Values, Life Skills Based and Inclusive Education
- Respect & appreciation for different cultures & Religions in local and global context
- Promotion of intellectual, spiritual, aesthetic, emotional, social and physical development of learners
- Move away from rote memorization & Focus on Project, Inquiry and Activity Based Learning
- Development of 21st century skills including Analytical, Critical and Creative Thinking.
- Use of Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Alignment with Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)